Human Rights Watch - The Empire State Building


While my scheduled travel to NYC included intentional plans from weeks ago to meet at the U.N. with staff from the Special Adviser on the Prevention of Genocide, I was surprised by another unique opportunity while in New York City.

I had the opportunity to get special access to the offices of the organization, Human Rights Watch. While I had known about this organization and the impact of their work from far away - of course I was able to learn more about what happens in their offices - including opportunity to speak with personnel about their role in the New York City office. They were established in 1978 and have been advocating in positive ways for some 31 years!

The picture posted here gained me access to the Empire State Building - without having to pay to get the "tourist" view again this time! That was nice an added bonus (the free view!) to the already nice opportunity to meet with personnel working with Human Rights Watch!

Towards eupan!

~ marty alan michelson, ph.d.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Stages" for understanding Conflict

Positive Peace