Religious Identity Shapes Social & Political Engagement

The Eupan Global Initiative is not a theological community.  And yet, many who participate bring religious perspectives to the work of extending the good for the all.  I, Marty Michelson, certainly embrace Biblical and Justice and Jesus and Peacemaking perspectives in my shared advocacy toward eupan!

Religious identity shapes social and political perspectives.

I comment on this as I share an article that presents an interview with Megan Phelps-Roper - a family member of Fred Phelps and his particular vision/version of belief embodied in the sadly famous, Westboro Baptist Church.  

Megan was raised with a vision/version of Christian religion that was intolerant, legalistic and hate-filled.  She had to come to discern that and reject it - as she explores what it means to "treat people right."  She wants to emerge from her current journey "with a better understanding of the world and how I fit into it,and how I can be an influence for good.” 

I hope we can all come to better understanding - working to influence good.

Toward eupan ~

~ marty alan michelson, ph.d.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Stages" for understanding Conflict

Positive Peace