Fellowship - advancing Genocide Awareness and Political Participation

In the past few months I (Marty) made application to work directly with the Genocide Inervention Network - and am wonderfully delighted that my specific application has resulted in me being named as one of 20 Carl Wilkens Fellows for 2010!

I have *no* doubt that I will be a stronger leader intervening and educating about issues of Genocided as a result of work with GI-Net! And I anticipate continued colloboration with GI-Net in our extended efforts towards eupan in the Oklahoma City area - and to any and all interested partnerships! I view this opportunity as something that is unique to me, but *for* all of us already involved in the efforts of the Eupan Global Initiative!

On a personal note, while there are several issues of this fellowship that I am enthusiastic about - I am particularly excited to be trained in training toward social change at a more direct political level, particularly discerning some of the "ins-and-outs" of working with federal policy/legislature during training in Washington D.C. (Oh, and I get to spend some time with a few former students while in the D.C. area, too! What a delight to have extended friendships with so many wonderful students from over the years! Perhaps friendships with former students are as much a reflection of "the good for the all" as any other personal issue in my life! Thanks to you all!)

~ marty alan michelson, ph.d.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Stages" for understanding Conflict

Positive Peace