The Majority World

P003

We used to say the "First World" and "Third World" to designate the disparities between countries in their "progress."

More recently, "Developed" and "Developing" Worlds have been used to be sensitive to the priority given to "First" and "Third" categories.

While no term is perfect, I like the term I have recently read - and can not cite as I genuinely do not recall where I read it - "The Major World." 

It should serve as a reminder for me (and for all too many who have the privilege to blog/free-press/freedom from war) - that I am the "Minority" in a big world that is complex and intricate.  I am not the "first" nor the  "developed" who brings peace - but a minority individual striving for peace for the entire World. 

Toward eupan ~

~ marty alan michelson, ph.d.

Posted via email from Eupan Global Initiative

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Stages" for understanding Conflict

Positive Peace